A Sale Worth Talking About - Self Edge 15% Off Entire Store (Including Fine Creek Leathers)

There's no shortage of stores that seem to have a constant rotating door of sales. I mean, who even blinks at a J. Crew 50% off anymore? Partly for this reason, I don't like to post about many sales as I find the large majority underwhelming. However, Self Edge having a blanket sale this weekend is an event worth noting, especially when it includes brands like Fine Creek Leathers. From Oct 2nd-5th, you can take 15% off the entire store with code "SUMMERTWENTY," excluding magazines and hemming/darning services.

Note - This post is not sponsored in any way, nor do I stand to gain anything aside from the love of sweet jawnz.

If you are a denimhead or leatherdaddy (I am trying to popularize this term), Self Edge should really need no introduction. For many, SE has been the go-to denim/leather jacket/heritage wear shop in the country for the past decade. And with physical stores on both the east and west coast, they're more accessible to a broader audience than most similar boutiques. I've visited the shops in San Francisco and New York and always been treated warmly, especially considering I almost never just walk in and buy anything expensive without going home and overthinking it ad nauseum.

Self Edge sells the kinds of things you don't expect to go on sale very often, if at all - or what I really mean is that they often sell the best version of something you can find of lesser quality elsewhere. For example, Self Edge's Iron Heart flannel shirts are typically seen as the apex mountain of the category (I remember reading a story on PTO years back about how Rick Owens lost his favorite shirt, a red and black buffalo check Iron Heart flannel). Similarly, they carry outerwear from Fine Creek Leathers and denim from makers such as 3Sixteen, jewelry from Good Art and Kei Shigenaga, and off-beat sculptural eyewear from Masahiro Maruyama. Even the items that don't personally ring my bell (Good Art and Maruyama frames are good examples) I usually still admire for oozing a certain style and quality. If you are interested in the Fine Creek Roberts jacket that I reviewed recently, the Self Edge sale is a rare chance to snag one on discount or, alternatively, one of the Leon or Eric models (Eric pictured above).  

Just be aware that items bought on sale are returnable only for store credit, so I would be sure of your sizes before pulling the trigger. Kiya, from Self Edge, seems to be pretty responsive through the store's Styleforum thread if you have questions.

A good proportion of guys will think most things on the site are dearly expensive, and I am one of them. However, this is the type of sale where I would possibly buy one Grail-level piece, if I could afford it, and really cherish and enjoy it. If I didn't already own the Fine Creek Roberts jacket and/or value the state of a reasonably harmonious marriage, I would march into the store and buy one this weekend. Otherwise, I really like Stevenson's version of the western shirt, wallets from Iron Heart, and hats from Papa Nui.

Self Edge








Comments

  1. Tobleo offers new stylish jackets, if you interested please check our collection. World Of Tanks Arnold Jacket

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment