Hallelujah: Suitsupply Outlet is Back


Casentino Wool DB Overcoat
SuitSupply is one of the only things I don't mind paying full price for - partly because they are exceptional quality at their price point, and partly because they never go on sale never went on sale.

Back that up for a second. A few years ago, actually, SuitSupply Outlet opened online and guys went bananas. Unfortunately, however, the free shipping + free returns resulted in a lot of guys ordering a million suits and then returning them, and SuitSupply got burned on the shipping costs. And just like that, they pulled it and it was gone without a trace. *edit 1/12 - looks like it may have been a scheduled closing. 

I remember the day vividly, because the night before my wife promised to buy me a badass suit I wanted the next morning. You know what happened next...


Madison Blue Check Linen DB






It was an emotional morning. Now, after years of waiting, the outlet reopened just today, and it's already generating a lot of buzz online. Things are moving fast. Yes, the stuff is final sale, so if you don't know your sizes (they have a lot of fits, but the most accessible is the Napoli, which I'd say is close to a J. Crew Ludlow if memory serves me correctly), then you are taking on a good deal of risk. I'd highly recommend getting to a store to try some on before committing. If you can't, check your size charts as well, because the different fits vary quite a bit in measurements across the board. If this outlet is anything like the last, things will come in and out of stock extremely quickly and in very scarce sizes. This isn't a fake outlet like the "factory stores" out there that make crap specifically cheaper to be sold cheaper. This really is stuff from seasons past, and at insanity prices. I picked up this linen silk glen plaid double-breasted Madison suit for $199, a baby alpaca grey scarf for $49, and almost pulled the trigger on a couple more things before I stopped myself. 
Havana Burgundy 3-Piece

As far as I'm concerned, if the right thing comes in it's an instant purchase. It's that good, given you know what you're looking for. I wouldn't expect to see a plain navy Napoli here or a charcoal Sienna, though you never know. I'd more expect to find your third or fourth suit here - things that draw a bit more of a line in the sand rather than main staples.

Honestly, this is one of the more exciting developments to happen in quite some time, and something I'll be checking on obsessively often from here on out.

Storefront Link: Code BETHEFIRST

Update 1/7/16 - Stock got run through pretty fast. They re-upped the last time the outlet was running, so I'd be on the lookout for that in the coming days. Pro tip: be sure to check out Grailed/eBay etc  in the next few days to catch a wave of remorse sales.
Update 1/12/16 - Some scant items restocked  last night, then closed this morning. I would bet it will be a couple years before it happens again. 

Comments