They are almost giving things away at J. Crew today (Wallace and Barnes flannels <$10)


I'm putting this blog on a voluntary J. Crew/Wallace and Barnes hiatus following this post, but I had to let you know about it because prices like this don't come around really ever. Today the site is an extra 60% off sale, and they dropped the base prices of a lot of Wallace and Barnes flannels to ~$20 (before the code). Stacked with an extra 15% sign up code (or not, it's like an additional dollar off), we are talking about sub-$10 shirts shipped. If you thought the sales were good before, this is a new level of insane I have never seen in the years I've followed them.


I've handled most of these in store, and their flannels are heavy and feel good in the hand. They've been written about extensively on other blogs as well as being a good value in the marketplace, and that was at 4x the prices. The "beach cloth" shirt pictured I bought at $40 and like it. It's not really like beach cloth at all, honestly (a wool/cotton blend from the early 1900s vintage menswear enthusiasts lose sleep over), but it's plenty warm and very soft. I almost bought it again before telling myself (out loud) to stop. But I did stock up on various other shirts, including a few of their Wallace and Barnes chamois workshirts, which don't show up under the WB search. 

Things are going very quickly and the site is under a ton of strain, but if you can get through check out I think you'll have a smile on your face at the end. These prices are unbelievable. I mean, come on.

Link to Wallace and Barnes

Link to heavy chamois workshirts (they won't populate under Wallace and Barnes and the indigo version has a separate product page here)

PS - The next tier of Mr. Porter sale (up to 70% off) should be hitting anytime now. Sorry for your wallet.




Comments