End Clothing Summer Sale


I'd be negligent if I didn't mention the summer sale currently in full swing at End Clothing right now, which has a lot of solid deals and quality stock at the moment. Free shipping starts at $250 USD, but FedEx priority shipping for orders under $250 are surprisingly cheap to the US at $11.95. It's unclear if there's going to be an extra __% off discount later, though searching some previous sale announcements it has been known to happen sporadically. Note also that the duty limit was increased this year from $200 to $800 in the US, which also removes a barrier that's traditionally been a nebulous threat of possible additional charges to consider.

Some picks:

Barbour - Starting at $95 (most in $200s)

Barbour Bedale

Barbour only recently started allowing exports from EU retailers to the US, which is more great news. Lots of classic options available on the sale, including the Bedale (pictured at right), Beaufort, Liddesdale, International (my favorite), and a selection of collaborations with brands like White Mountaineering and Triumph, plus some McQueen models of varying attractiveness. I've occasionally seen lower prices (for instance, on Sierra Trading Post rarely that get snatched up immediately), but the scope of selection here is much better than most bargain-bin sales and prices are generally very good. Derek from Die, Workwear wrote a great buyer's guide on PutThisOn in October of last year if you need a reference for models or sizing, which varies between classic and some of the slimmer lines.

I own a fair deal of Barbour myself, but I'm going to take the opportunity to get my dog a waxed cotton coat so we have more of a cohesive style. I originally wrote that last sentence as a joke, but..I guess I was serious.

Edwin - Starting at $55

Edwin Tapered Rainbow Selvedge

Japanese denim brand Edwin, who were there for the start of the Japanese denim revolution 60 years ago, invented stone-washed denim. They invented it. There aren't many other manufacturers that can claim the same level of impact on the industry, and Japan is now generally regarded as the authority in premium denim production. I don't own any myself, but I'm hoping to get a closer look at some of it when I go to Japan later this year (if I haven't already bought some). Be aware that E.N.D. by Edwin that gets posted on some forums is a sister company and does not sell the same product as the Japanese version. From what I've seen I much prefer the design of the originals.

For its pedigree, Edwin is actually pretty well-priced. I'm tempted to try their chambray or western selvedge denim shirt, though with overseas return shipping and the ever-present Japanese sizing question it may be more risk than I'm prepared to deal with.


Buttero Tanino

Buttero Tanino - Starting at $155


I love my Buttero Tanino lows. I love them so much that I briefly considered buying a pair of mids from this sale and trying to convince my wife they were the same pair of shoes as the ones I already had (in what would have surely been a complete failure). That doesn't mean you can't buy them. For reference, under $200 is a decent price on sale for the lows. Around $150 and lower, I don't think anyone can compete with them quality-wise if you like the aesthetic. Size down one from your normal Brannock.



Yuketen Maine Guide Boots

Yuketen - Starting at $259




Probably known best for their Maine Guide Boot, Yuki Matsuda's Yuketen shares the same parent company Meg that includes Monitaly, Epperson Mountaineering, and Chamula (check out the Chamula Cancun huarache - not at End currently). Hand-sewn in Maine, Yuketen footwear has the rustic, old-world soul that's shared by the rest of Matsuda's brands. Not cheap, but assuredly of great quality and an aesthetic that I'm finding myself drawn to more and more. I've seen a native mocassin version I'm not sure I could pull off, but would love to try.

Yuketen also has a clearance page of their own worth a look. There are other clearance sites that carry Yuketen as well (like Yoox), and you can find a black mocassin version at 6PM right now for $377 and the regular Maine Guide even cheaper at Jackthreads here for $363.

*Update 6/20 - Mr. Porter just increased their discounts on Yuketen to 50-60% off, making them the preferred spot to buy Yuketen right now with boots starting at $264 and free shipping/free returns (absolutely no risk). There's also nothing to say that they may go to 70% off or higher in a few weeks, though that end game is always a big gamble. Check them out here.

Other Brands: 

Nigel Cabourn (mark my words, one day I'm going to own some), Aspesi, Bleu de Paname, and SNS Herning, Freemans Sporting Club, Inis Meain.

Comments